Saturday, June 18, 2011

a couple of weeks behind I think...


A week ago Friday I went to the Vancouver School Board's Mentoring Celebration.  This is a program that Meili and Simran participated in this year.  They each had a mentor who worked with them on their writing.  I had hoped that perhaps they would get Melanie Jackson (that's who is with them) but that didn't work out but it was fun to get together with her at the event.
You heard some of Meili's story at the Young Writers' Festival here and I am sure Simran would be happy to share her collectio of short stories with you.


Of course this week was one we won't forget for a number of reasons (the Canucks lost in Game 7 and then the terrible riot downtown).  You all did some great writing about that.  Probably though a highlight for many of you was Sports Day Friday.  It was fine until I got soaking wet but that is another story ( and note Harjot was not at fault... as he was my legitimate partner in the balloon toss).  Here are a couple of photos from that day.

No comments:

Post a Comment