Saturday, March 5, 2011

Ancient Greece and other excitement

Let's see!  We are moving away from Ancient Egypt onto Ancient Greece.  The clay is flying out of the stockroom and I know that there are visions of the Acropolis flying in your heads.  So many of you have read the Percy Jackson books you already have a nodding acquaintance with many of the gods and goddesses but I know you are all learning lots more about the Greeks.
I went to Greece many many years ago but I only got as far as the island of Corfu because the people decided to overthrow Greece's military government so that there were no planes and I ended up taking the ferry back to Italy rather than see all the wonderful sites I wanted to but  Corfu was one of the most beautiful places I have ever visited. Here are a couple of pictures

One day I am planning to visit Greece again and I hope you are able to do so as well!

Well excitement is mounting for our Senior Boys!  Will they be the school board basketball champions?  Stay tuned!  Big game with Sexsmith at John Oliver on Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment