Sunday, March 25, 2012

Second Day at Disney World



The second day at Disney World began at the third theme park, Epcot, and I just didn't have enough time there.  We were able to go there by boat so that was fun and it's absolutely beautiful especially because of the garden festival that was on.










It has two main parts, Future World and The World Showcase.  By boat you actually enter through the World Showcase.  I was instantly transported to England for instance. 

 But we were hurrying through to try to get on an amazing ride in Future World called Soarin'.  We had a long wait but it was worth it to do a simulation of flying above California,  You felt as if you could touch the grape vines for instance.  You would love it.  It was my favorite ride at Disney. 







Next we went to see Captain Emo, a three d video experience starring Michael Jackson that I had seen when it first came out in the 1980's but still amazing.  Our final ride Space Ship Earth was a journey through time in the big Geodesic Dome.  It was great as we peaked in on Ancient Egypt, Greece, and Rome, saw the dark ages, viewed the invention of the printing press etc. and even got to check out our own personal future.  Future World is great and there is lots about ecology and looking at sustainable futures. 

Unfortunately our time was running out so I kind of hurried through the World Showcase, not actually going inside of any of the Nation pavilions but it was absolutely beautiful and fun to feel as if I was traveling to Germany and  France and Italy, and even Canada.  I needed a couple of days here!  It's huge!







After a quick break at the hotel we were off by boat to Hollywood Studios.  Hollywood Studios makes you think you are in Hollywood in the 40's or something.  It has lots of fun things to do and is a fun place to be. You can even be on a version of American Idol but I passed on that.  We took the  Studio Back Lot Tour and saw how they do a lot of special effects.  We waited in a very long line to do Toy Story Mania, that I know you would have all loved.  I really liked The Great Movie Ride where we rode through sets of some famous movies.  My friend didn't warn me that we were going to be hijacked by a 1930's gangster though!!!


I loved where we had dinner at The 50's Prime Time Cafe.  Our waitress told us to keep our hands off the table and we got to watch old TV shows from my childhood.  The food was delicious!









 The highlight of the evening though was Fantasmic.  This is an amazing show, breathtaking 25-minute fireworks and water show starring Mickey Mouse as the sorcerer and all your favorite Disney characters are there.  It was the perfect ending to a whirlwind tour of the Wonderful World of Disney.

No comments:

Post a Comment